søndag 1. mars 2009

A dogs life

Bark and hello!
I am Kimo, i think my mom has told you about me before, but now i think it is about time that i write a bit in this blog myself. At the moment i am a practicant dog in Denmark. You would not belive how hard work it is and how much there is to look after.... But i have been on this farm before, so it has been easy to get into the work routines again.
On this farm there are a lot of horses. Here is a picture of me together with old spotty as i call him. He is one of my moms favorits and quite a nice bloke. I actually met a dog once that was as spotty as he is. Strange really.
I think the horses are ok, but i don't like when they make a lot of noice at feeding time.
I like my moms horse a lot, sometimes i even give her a lick on the nose.
But horses can be very boooooooooooring to. When the humans are sitting on them in the riding arena i always have to lie down and keep quiet. Even when i have my ball with me i'm not allowed to play in there. That is not fair! The horses get to run and play....

But outside and everywhere else on the farm i can play as much as i want to. I like playing!!!
A few days ago i found this brilliant little ball outside, and i have had a lot of fun with it.
Sometimes mom plays with me to, but i run much faster then her, so i get to have the ball most of the time. She is a bit silly though, because every time she does get a hold of it she just trows it through the air, and i always get to it before her.
When i am not playing i am working. Here i am looking after that mom is ok while she is getting straw. I like jumping up on the big bales. From there i can see the whole barn and keep an eye on everything.
And then there is the mucking out of course, always mucking out. Those horses poo a lot!!!
But i do like to catch a ride when i can!!!
Whenever we go inside i always feel very tired and try to have as many naps as possible. To begin with i had a few problems though as the cats always seemd to lay down on my bed or in my sleeping cave. But now we have settled our differences. The cats are actually not so bad when you get to know them.

The other day we all had a nap together on the sofa, when Petrine ( the black cat) told jokes to Matilda and me. But we did not quite understand them, so we ended up looking at her in wonder while she was the only on laughing her head off:

Matilde scared me a bit the other day, i seriously thought that she had broken her back and died.
As i came in she was laying like this on our pillow:
But luckily she was only sleeping, i can't understand how that can be comfortable?????
Well, well, now i sometimes lay down beside her to make sure that she stops sleeping in such a silly way!

All in all i guess it is quite good living her. And there are many humans who like me and pet me here. It is actually quite fun being a practicant dog!
Bark and lick from Kimo :-)







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar