mandag 9. februar 2009

A busy weekend

Time for a little update again! It has been a busy weekend with lots to do.
Hmmmm, were shall I start? Lets start with the horses first:
Filur and I are starting to work better together with the riding now and get used to each other again. We are both far more relaxed, and manage the things we have been working on in walk
okay. The count is up to 191 now, 9 more days now and we will have cake and carrots to celebrate ride nr 200. He is wonderful and lightens up my day a lot! Blåi is doing well! On saturday I worked here on the longje and in hand, and on Sunday we went
on a short hack out in the sun and I rode her a bit in the arena in the evening. She is well behaved, and a joy to work with.
Today was our first lesson for Bent together. On the first lesson here the practicants always have to longje the horse, to show that it has the basic education, and that the practicant knows how to longje. Blåi is really very very good on the longje, and I think she really likes it.
She did it all perfect and Bent had no corrections on my work with her at all today.

Mulle on the other hand does not find longjeing very much fun at all, she hates it.
All is well when I work her in hand or ride, but this thing with going around me in a circle she finds daft and dumb! So she gives it a half hearted effort so that her mom won't get too upset, but that is all. I will show her on the longje on my lesson tomorrow, and I really really hope that Bent will except our work and agree with me that she simply hates it! I will work her a bit in hand after longjeing so that he can see that she does a lot better there.

Poor Mulle, it's a hard life! I rode her yesterday evening though, and that is totally different.
She was energetic and did all the side movements very nicely. Looking forward to our riding lessons, and learning more together!!!
There is one little problem with both Mulle and Blåi though.......
They are totally and utterly in love with their own reflections in the mirrors, and every time we come close to them they lose their consentration and want to go over to great that amazingly beautiful horse on the wall. But I guess they will get used to it in time....
Maybe....
Hopefully....
Kimo is fine to, he is starting to get used to being outside all day long again and seems
to be less tired. But he still goes to sleep as soon as we get inside for a rest. When I am working on the barn or with the paddocks he mostly finds himself a nice spot where he can sit and keep an eye on me to make sure I'm ok and that I do my work propperly.
The cleaning out of the old barn is going quite smoothly, I am finished with half of the room now,
and it starts to look a lot better, but there is still a lot left to do.
Here is the part where I am almost finished, nice eh???

So I have had a quite good weekend and kept busy. My friend Maria came and visited me both Saturday and Sunday. She sometimes rides Hugin in the weekends. On Sunday she rode Blåi and I rode Mulle when we went out for a hack.
Hugin and Maria:
There, I think that was all the news for now. Even though today has not been my day at all, the first week here at Lindegården has been nice. It is wonderful to ride so much again and to get lessons and be around the horses all day long.
Sleep tight and stay in the now!
m xxx







Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar