mandag 2. februar 2009

Finally arrived in Denmark

Monday evening and I have finished my first Practicant day in Denmark.
I arrived yesterday evening and my long travell from England went well.
The weather here is freezing, and I am looking forward to all my winter clothes arriving.

It was amazing to meet Filur again yesterday. I ran from the car and straight into his stable,
rather rudely ignoring people who tried to say hi to me while running by.
I had a dear friend I had to say hi to before I did anything else!
And the reunion was great! He greated me with joy and love and forgot about the eveningmeal I had interupted. It was wonderful.
Today we have spent some time together in the window as we always used to do before.
He always manages to bring me into "the NOW" and make me forget about everything else when he hanges out with me like that. I love every second of it!
And it feels good that he really wants to be with me and seem to enjoy it to.

Bent rode Filur today so that I could see how he was doing, but he was a little bit tense today because of the strong winds that seemingly tried to move the whole riding arena.
But of course he was as beautiful as ever :-)
Tomorrow I will start to ride Filur myself again, and I simply can't wait!!!
It will be time number 185 that I get the honor to ride him!
The rest of the day has been quite calm, I have helped out the regular stable practicants today, and with 3 people instead of 2 everything goes very quickly.
But since I have arrived here one month early I will be a handy man, no, handy girl around the farm and work on fixing fences, cleaning up some old stables, that are gonna be renovated, helping out with a bit of baby sitting and doing all sorts around the stables and farm.
But I will take care of Filur myself and help the other practicants with the stable when I have time. I think it will all be good.



There are a lot of people and nationalitys here on the farm right now.
There is German Ute who is a week student here for 4 weeks.
There are the Swedish familly Christofer and Rebecka Dahlgren and their two kids who are here as week students for one week.
Then the two practicants: Swedish Emma and Norwegian Tom
German house practicant Bianca.
And of course Bent who is Danish.
So I am very glad that I am fluent in all these languages and can be a bit of a interpreter for everyone, but I do get confused sometimes.
Mulle and Blåi are arriving here on Friday, and I am really looking forward to it!
I'll write again very soon, take good care and stay in the NOW!
m xxx

1 kommentar:

  1. Hurra for oppdatering!
    Her er det sprengkulde 10-15 minus. :(

    Dyret går bedre nå, vi har leid endel og han tråkker bedre innunder seg. Kari anbefalte å sko ham (*sukk*), så han blir skodd i løpet av uka, og så kommer hun og behandler ham neste uke. :)

    SvarSlett